Learn To Cook 5 (Advanced Techniques)
This lesson is part of a kids "Jr. Chef" Learn To Cook series that offers a hands-on education to more advanced culinary skills and techniques for the aspirational Jr. Chef. For a more intermediate alternative we offer a kids "Fundamentals" cooking class series that focuses on an introduction to cooking within a more casual fun agenda.
This Jr. Chef Lesson will focus on Advanced Techniques such as learning about grains, making a risotto, dredging, breading, fry/pan fry, and broiling. Jr. Chefs will also learn slow cooking methods and how to use a double boiler to make the perfect molten lava cakes. Whether they're destined to become cookbook writers, executive chefs or masterful home cooks, these advanced skills will be an important part of their toolkit.
- Each lesson is 3 hours with 2-6 kids (minimum 6 years old).
- Kids 10 years old and under requires a parent to remain onsite.
- Food Allergies? Leave us a note (in cart) we'll do our best to accommodate.
- Weekday Class? Custom Date? Email Us.
- Do you have 4+ kids in your group? Reserve a Private Jr. Chef Lesson.
- Veggie Platter w/ Crackers and Hummus (provided by Orange Kitchen)
- Seasonal Risotto
- Eggplant Parmasean
- Instant Pot Chicken or Beef
- Molten Lava Cakes w/ Vanilla Ice Cream