This cooking class is part of a kids "Fundamentals" series introducing kids to basic cooking skills, kitchen tools, and safety while still having fun. It's an intermediate step up from "Just For Fun" cooking class series but not as advanced as "Jr. Chef" lessons.
This Kids Cooking Class focuses on Quick Breads, including muffins, scones, loaves, and biscuits. Quick Breads are characterized by the speed in which you can create beautiful, flavorful and leavened breads without waiting for a yeasted rise. Kids will learn the basic science behind the process, how to use and measure seasonal ingredients, different mixing methods, and about the equipment necessary for making these sweet and savory treats. We will provide age-appropriate gear (apron, step stools, nylon knives, etc.).
- Each lesson is 3 hours with 2-6 kids.
- Age minimum of 6 years old.
- Kids 10 years old and under requires a parent to remain onsite.
- No previous cooking experience required.
- Food Allergies? Leave us a note (in cart) we'll do our best to accommodate.
- Do you have 4+ kids in your group? Reserve a Private Kids Cooking Class.
- Veggie Platter w/ Hummus (provided by Orange Kitchen)
- Classic Biscuits
- Seasonal Loaf
- Seasonal Muffins