Kitchen Tools & Equipment Essentials
Do you have basic equipment and tools in your kitchen but don't know how to properly use them? Did you have new cooking gear or gadgets but aren't sure how to get the most out of them?
This chef lesson will help home chefs to get the most out of their existing kitchen tools but also prioritize the "must have" and "nice to have" tools for a robust and efficient kitchen.
Must Have: Knives, sharpener, honing steel, cutting boards, mixing bowls, spatulas/spoons/whisks, measuring utensils, difference between non-stick, cast iron & stainless steel pans, sheet trays, muffin tin, scoop, microplane, veggie peeler, tongs, food processor, blender, thermometer, cake tester, hand beaters, slotted spoon, can opener, corkscrew, pot holders, colander/strainers, baking dish, nonstick square baking pan, kitchen shears, liquid measuring cup, scale.
- Nice to Have: Slow cooker vs pressure cooker, salad spinner, juicer, immersion blender, avocado tool, stand mixer, pizza stone, steamer, mandolin, spiralizer, silpat, masher, spice grinder, grill pan, rolling pin, roasting pan, citrus squeezer.
We will review the necessity of each tool, how to use it, how to maintain it, where to store it, what to consider when buying, and discuss the difference (blender vs immersion, different types of cutting boards, most important pans to have, aluminum vs ceramic mixing bowls, etc). We'll provide advice and recommendations on popular brands and models. After an overview and demonstration of each tool, home chefs can test drive them while making some simple recipes. Everyone will enjoy snacks and tastings.
- $95 per adult, minimum of 4 adults each class.
- Custom date/time/weekday/weekends (Email Us for availability).
- Each class is 3 hours Class FAQs.
- Food Allergies? Leave us a note in cart.
- Kids are welcome if accompanied by a participating adult.
- Apple Butter
- Broccoli Potato Soup
Water, Coffee, and Iced Tea